Effective date: May 23, 2018
Judge.me Ltd ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://judge.me/ website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data processor (or service providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & cookies data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Judge.me Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To create a Facebook audience using hashed personal data
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
If you submit a review, that review may automatically be published on our Service including any personal data contained in that review. You can control what personal data (if any) is published in respect of any reviews submitted by you, and delete or amend a submitted review, by logging into your user profile on our Service.
Retention of Data
Judge.me Ltd will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Judge.me Ltd may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Judge.me Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Judge.me Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"Do Not Track" Signals
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Judge.me Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Judge.me Ltd. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- you are established in the European Economic Area (EEA);
- you provide goods or services to customers in the EEA; or
- you are otherwise subject to the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation,
Judge.me’s use of personal information of any data subjects is also subject to our Data Processing Addendum: http://judge.me/dpa
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Hotjar allows to make the behavior of web and mobile site visitors visible. To opt out of Hotjar please go to the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out Hotjar also honors the Do Not Track header. This means that if you have the Do Not Track header installed, Hotjar will not track you.
- Facebook Pixel
- The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool offered by Facebook that measures the effectiveness of advertising by understanding the actions people take on a website.
- You can manage the activity tracked by Facebook pixel in your settings: https://www.facebook.com/off_facebook_activity. This includes viewing and clearing existing activity, as well as opting out of tracking future activity from businesses and organisations which you visit outside of Facebook, including activity on Judge.me and partner websites.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit their policy web page: https://www.facebook.com/policy
- Google AdWords
- Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
- To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ , the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- We also provide hashed personal data (primarily email and telephone numbers) as part of our use of Facebook Audiences Network, the terms of which are at: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/audience_network/publisher_tos
- AdRoll remarketing service is provided by Semantic Sugar, Inc.
- You can opt-out of AdRoll remarketing by visiting this AdRoll Advertising Preferences web page: http://info.evidon.com/pub_info/573?v=1&nt=1&nw=false
- Reddit remarketing service is provided by Reddit, Inc.
- You can opt-out of Reddit remarketing by visiting this Reddit preferences web page: https://www.reddit.com/personalization
- Quora remarketing services is provided by Quora, Inc.
The payment processors we work with are:
- PayPal or Braintree
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Please refer to the above sections with regards to the categories of personal information collected, sources of personal information and use of personal information.
Disclosure of personal information for business purposes or commercial purposes
Judge.me may use or disclose and may have used or disclosed in the last twelve (12) months the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
Please note that the categories listed above are those defined in the CCPA. This does not mean that all examples of that category of personal information were in fact disclosed, but reflects our good faith belief to the best of our knowledge that some of that information from the applicable category may be and may have been disclosed.
When Judge.me disclose personal information for a business purpose or a commercial purpose, Judge.me enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Your Rights under the CCPA
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- The right to notice. You have the right to be notified which categories of personal information are being collected and the purposes for which the personal information is being used.
- The right to request. Under CCPA, you have the right to request that Judge.me disclose information to you about our collection, use, sale, disclosure for business purposes and share of personal information. Once Judge.me receive and confirm your request, Judge.me will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information Judge.me collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information Judge.me collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom Judge.me share that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information Judge.me collected about you
- If Judge.me sold your personal information or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, Judge.me will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information categories sold
- The categories of personal information categories disclosed
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information (opt-out). You have the right to direct Judge.me to not sell your personal information. Judge.Me does not sell your personal information and so this right is not relevant to you.
- The right to delete personal information. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. Once Judge.me receive and confirm your request, Judge.me will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. Judge.me may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Judge.me or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which Judge.me collected the personal information, provide goods or services that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with Judge.me.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
Exercising your CCPA rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, you can contact Judge.me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information.
Your request to Judge.me must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Judge.me to reasonably verify you are the person about whom Judge.me collected personal information or an authorized representative
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Judge.me to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it
Judge.me cannot respond to your request or provide you with the required information if Judge.me cannot:
- Verify your identity or authority to make the request
- And confirm that the personal information relates to you
Judge.me will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
Any disclosures Judge.me provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request’s receipt.
For data portability requests, Judge.me will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Do not sell my Personal information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Judge.me does not sell your personal information and so does not provide an opt-out link.
"Do Not Track" Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our service does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Your California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with Judge.me can request information once a year about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact Judge.me using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, you can contact Judge.me using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account.
Be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
If you are a data subject based within the European Union, you may also contact our representative for GDPR purposes, who's details are as follows:
Buckworths (Ireland) Limited, c/o Workhub, 77 Lower Camden Street, Dublin SO2 XE80, Ireland represented by Gloria Conselmo